Thursday, July 1, 2010

The Royal Thrones Of Russia

Before I actually left the United states to go to Russia, I was told that if I were to use the restroom, especially in the market areas, I would first of all have to pay, and I would have to buy my toilet paper. The toilet would actually be a fancy hole in the ground.

And so with this in mind, I have decided to present to you the varied thrones of Russia. In the average Russian home, the toilet is in a small separate room. In the states it would be considered a 1/4 bathroom.

I was amazed to find out that the toilet on the train going to Ulyanosvk emptied directly on to the railroad tracks when it was flushed. We could only use the toilet when the train was 20 minutes away from a city and when the train was moving.

We had a very useful portable toilet at the work site in a makeshift bathroom. The women weren't too thrilled to use it. And yes, when we were out touring Moscow we had the choice of using the hole in the ground or a typical honey bucket. I felt very fortunate to always have the better of the facilities to use.

I will come home with a new appreciation for what we often refer to as a throne and I will thank the Lord that he has blessed America with freedom to live anyway we choose without a cloud of communistic oppression hanging overhead. And so with these glorious thoughts and pictures I conclude my glorious experience to a country that God has created for us who are saved to go plant seeds. He will reap His harvest.

No comments:

Post a Comment